CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 14, 2011

Day One of Many Days to Come

Dave got his central line and his temporary line surgically inserted today. These line are ports that are used for removing stem cells out of his body and to put the chemotherapy in. Dave had a great attitude today and kept joking around. My personal favorite was when he was coming out of recovery he said "I have the power" refering to He-Man and then started singing the Thundercats theme song. He remembers none of this and is unsure that I am telling the truth. I am. He gets a long weeked of R&R to recover and get some shots to increase his white blood cells and then mobilize them into the bloodstream. Tuesday, Wednesday, and maybe Thursday he will be at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital all day to remove the stem cells.
He is resting and still a little out of it. Ally and Grant went to open gym at Ally's gymnastics tonight. We are trying to get the wiggles out before our 2 months home bound starting Jan.31.
Dave and I will be moving downtown in a hotel while the kids stay at home with my mom and my sister Kim. Thank goodness for family and friends.

14 comments:

emilyaaa said...

Thank you for this update! I've been thinking about you guys all afternoon, hoping that all went well with the ports. I'm so glad it did. I love you so much and we will continue to keep you, dave, your kids and your dr.s in our prayers!!

p.s. i watched about 15 clips from The Middle last night--it's HILLARIOUS!! You have made a convert out of me!

Stephanie said...

I love your blog!! It's so stinkin' cute! I'm glad everything went well today. Know that I will be thinking about you lots over the next couple months :)

Bekah said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Can't wait to hear more funny stories about Dave's lucid moments!

Hillary said...

I'm thinking of you guys and praying for you. I hope everything continues to go well. I love the Heman story! HAHA

Emily said...

Oh dearest Caroline how I love you! There have been so many times I have wanted to e-mail you or just tell you in person some kind words but alas I was always worried I would say the wrong thing. But I think I've realized that maybe saying nothing could be worse than saying the wrong thing? Anyway, I am sorry you and your family have to go through this. That is so so hard. I hope you feel surrounded by peace and comfort...because that is what I have been praying for you and your family. Love you lots!
P.S. so so funny about the He-man comment. He must have been watching those late night re-runs on the qubo channel :)

Brandalee said...

Carrie I love you! Thanks for giving an update on how the surgery went. Surgery is never fun, waiting outside for an update always gives me major anxiety. So grateful it went ok. You are so amazing! Your family is in every prayer. Love you. XOXO

karen said...

Caroline we love you and will be checking the blog regularly to see how Dave is faring.

Prayers/thoughts/happywarmfuzzies coming your way...

Dawn said...

I'm glad things went well and I'll be praying that things continue to go well. I want you to know would be happy to watch your kids anytime (especially weekends). :)

Tracy Christopulos Harward said...

Thank you so much for the update. You are in our thoughts and prayers -- and I will keep checking on progress! That is so funny about Dave and what he was saying...I love his positive attitude and strength!

Jessica Mason said...

Don't feel like you are being old school by blogging. Facebook is overrated :) I love you Carrie and our thoughts and prayers are with you. If you ever need anything, I am just a phone call away. I will be there at a drop of hat! Pretty sure that you need to start video taping the He-man impersonations. Dave won't be able to argue with that!

sallybuildsbridges said...

I feel so blessed to be your Mother, and it is an honor to be able to help your family through this difficult trial. Your family is so precious to Rod and me and we love you so dearly. We are so impressed with your spiritual maturity and know that the Lord is pleased with the example you are to others as you rely on the Lord's love, strength, and wisdom in knowing what tests and trials are best for us to qualify for His Kingdom.
We pray constantly that you will feel Him near you and He will surround you with His arms of love. We pray that you will be blessed with the peace and protection of the Holy Ghost. We are also praying for all the people that will be involved with David's care. There are many lessons that the Lord wants us to learn in this life and we learn the best when we have trials, pain, and heartache, That is when we need to rely on our Heavenly Father, our Savior Jesus Christ, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost to carry us through and teach us the things we are suppose to learn so we can become more like our Savior to prepare us to be worthy to return to our Heavenly Father and our Savior. Remember that we are always here to help you whenever you need us as well. We love you all so much, Dad and Mother Bridge

mammamac said...

You have been in our prayers and in our thoughts. So glad that your Mom and Kim could be there. Such a comfort to know they are in good hands, I bet.
We love you and you are always in our hearts. love, Susan

carlee said...

Thank you Carrie for the update. Bunkers are praying for healing and recovery for Dave. so good to hear that he is staying positive and you guys can have this time to come closer together. love you!

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Dave and to your family from my family, me, and the entire Crump family. Tell Dave hello for us.