CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

We're Alive

We are healthy and happy. Sorry that I haven't posted for a little while. I have been working on a slide show of Dave's pictures and some of our favorite memories of the past year. I kept trying to get it on our blog but the music wouldn't work. So for those of you motivated enough you can paste the link and watch the slide show. Make sure your sound is on. I found a song for Dave that I liked even though I am not a country fan. It is a Kenny Chesney/Dave Matthew duet. The pictures are not in chronological order but the last picture is the most recent of Dave.

http://www.go2album.com/showAlbum/548623/dave-slideshow

We are doing well and enjoying our family time. This week Dave will get another full body PET scan to measure the tumors and see if they are smaller or gone. Also he will get his blood retested to check for any of the cancer markers. We will meet with the doctor on Thursday and get the results. Hopefully things check out well and then he will start his maintenance chemo. Then he will be getting 4 rounds of chemo a month for the next 12 months.

We are so grateful Dave is recovering so well. We are loving the warmer weather and spending time outside with some fresh air.

10 comments:

emilyaaa said...

LOVE it! Loved the slide show, loved the song. I love you guys! Thanks for keeping us posted. Dave looks great. Your family is just perfect. I love you!!

Stephanie said...

Sheesh! I was really worried there! Glad everything is going well though. The slide show was awesome and the song couldn't have been any more perfect! Love and miss you!!!!

Pam said...

Nice slide show, we do need to be grateful that we are alive. I like the song. Sorry to hear he is still has to undergo more chemo, even if it is a lower dose of such. I thought he was done after the transplant. Praying that the PET Scan and markers come back showing good news this week and that he will fully recover from this disease. I admire your courage and strength. I know it must be very difficult at times on you. Your sister, Melanie and I have been trying to get out to lunch, but still haven't got it quite fit in. Life keeps getting in the way.

Katie said...

Great video!! How fun to have all those pictures of your kids cuddling up with Daddy, those are the moments I forget to take pictures of sometimes.

Melissa and Zac said...

Love love love the slideshow! Love you guys!

di said...

carrie!!!!!!! i love and miss you so!!!!!! i would love to get in touch!
xoxo
diane gerdy iman

Caroline Villa Martignoni Rebicki said...

Good news! Love you all! Your family is beautiful.

Marye said...

Loved your video! Praying for good test results! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great slide show!

Angie said...

Wow! Dave always has a smile on his face! I don't think I could do that with what he's been through. Hopefully he's through the worst! Good luck with everything and let us know if you need some help!