The kids with thier Hone cousins
Ally holding cousin Mckell Roxy with the classic 7-year old smile
An intense Mario cart battle with Moody cousins
Grant holding new cousin Allyson
Ally with new cousin Allyson Grant's 5th Birthday
In our front year our tulips are pushing through dirt and begging for some sunshine. We are back in business and have had an eventful week. Dave and I went back to work. The kids went back to school, Grant turned 5, and Dave got his first maintenance chemo treatments. Ally and Grant had soccer games. Grant scored 3 goals and Ally scored 1 goal.
I had to re-register Ally Jane to get her back into class. When we walked into her room. Her teacher said, "look who is here class." They all shouted "Ally!" Then one kid started chanting, "Ally! Ally!" and the rest of the class chimed in. Then a classmate ran to give her a hug and a group hug formed. One little girl started crying and saying, "Ally I've missed you so much." They all started fighting over where she was going to sit. It was an emotional scene straight out of a movie. I tried to enjoy the moment and not think about the germs each kid may be exposing my daughter to with their hugs.
We were able to go visit my brother Dan and Becky and see our new niece and cousin. We also ate dinner with Trina and let the kids run around with their cousins. It felt so great to get out of the house and spend some good family time together. This week we were able to go to the park, it is great to see friends again and breathe the fresh spring air.
Dave, Brody, and Ally all did get a little sniffle early in the week but nothing too problematic. When I told Grant to be careful because Daddy had a runny nose, he laughed. I asked him what was funny and he said, "grownups don't get runny noses mom." I thought it was cute. He probably rarely sees a grownup with snot running down thier face. We feel so blessed that we have been able to stay healthy this winter.
Dave had a difficult time sleeping this week due to the steroid treatment that they put him on during the chemo. He got a dose on Tuesday and on Friday. However, this weekend he was feeling pretty tired and sore in his muscles. He still managed to make crepes for us today. His brother Chris and wife Amy and brother Steve came over to enjoy them with us.
We have seen the goodness that there is on this earth. We continue to be blessed by others. We have felt our Savior's love through the Spirit and seen His works through the hands of friends and family. Thank you so much.
Dave decided to get a wig. These are a few of the runner-up wigs. He wore the one below back to work the first day and gave everyone a good laugh.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Spring is in the Air!
Posted by Caroline Welsh at 3:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh, the amount of things i have to say about those wigs.....all i know is that he saved the best one for work. that thing is awesome!!!
i'm so glad your trip was a success! i can't wait to hear more about it. And can i tell you that i started crying as i read that little story of the kids welcoming Ally back? and i can totally imagine the inner conflict you had with the whole germ thing!! love it!
good luck getting back to "normal"--whatever that means.
I love you!!!
Thanks for telling me about your blog a while ago! I'm soooo happy that things seem to be getting back to "normal" for you! That is the sweetest story about Ally going back to her class...loved it! We look forward to seeing you around! *your neighbor, Kira*
those wigs are pretty much awesome!!! I actually really like the last one...sort of reminds me of pedro on napolean dynamite. I cried at the love that ally's classmates have for her, doesn't suprise me that they missed her so much. we continue to pray for you guys...love you.
Post a Comment