Our visit on Thursday went well. The doctor said that his lymph nodes are all normal size. His spleen is still enlarged but he said that the maintenance chemo should take care of that. The other cancer markers look good as well. It looks like the transplant did it's job. Dave gets his first doses of chemo on Tues, March 29th and Fri, April 1st. He decided to do two doses a week every other week. He will be on that schedule for a full year. We will see how things go. Hopefully he won't feel too tired or too sick.
Dave is still bald. He has some blond peach fuzz hairs starting to peek through. Our time at home is coming to a close. I have mixed feelings about getting back to REAL life. It has been a sweet time to be together as much as we have. Dave remains in good spirits. I overheard him telling someone on the phone the other day, "Man, I am lucky to have a stem-cell transplant so I can watch all of the March Madness games." I love that he considers himself lucky. We do feel so blessed for the doctors, medicine and treatment that he has received. We are also grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord and his earthly angels that we have felt along the way.
We have made a lot of fond memories during our time together. One of our favorite times of the day is when we go sneek into the kids bedrooms before we go to bed. We love watching them sleep. There is an indescribable feeling of love, pride, gratitude, and joy staring at their faces. Ally and Brody take after their dad's sleeping positions and is usually curled up is a peaceful sleep. Grant is usually sprawled out across his bed with at least one extremity dangling off, he takes after me. Those night time moments make it all worth it.
As we get back to our new real life. I hope that we can remember to take with us the gratitude, compassion, and perspective that we have gained through this experience. We will never forget the kindness and love shown to us by family and friends.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
The doctor's visit and a little reflection
Posted by Caroline Welsh at 11:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your post made me cry.
I could not be more thrilled that everything has gone so well! I hope and pray they will continue to! XOXO
Caroline-I feel like I never know what to say on here. Your post just filled my heart with gratitude. Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us. Your strength and testimony has always been such a blessing in my life. I love you and your family so much and am so grateful for the blessings you have received. I love you!!
We are so grateful for these results and for the sweet Spirit felt as we read your words and feel your testimony. We continue to pray for you and think about you often. We love you all so much.
What a blessing to be able to return to "Real Life". We can't wait to have Dave back at work. Lots of love from the Crump team!
Post a Comment