CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 28, 2011

Chemo and Cafe Rio

Dave got his first experience with chemo today. He recieved it through the port in his chest. We were at the hospital for about 5 hours. Afterward we picked up our load of medications and I have been trying to sort them out using a pill box that a friend sent me:) Dave isn't feeling the effects of chemo yet and we moved in to our hotel room downtown. We are required to be close to Huntsman in the event that anything goes wrong. My mom and Rod brought Cafe Rio and the kids to come visit us tonight. It was so good to hug and kiss them. It is crazy how time warps. I felt like I hadn't seen them for days. They had a great time playing on the bellhop cart. Well now we sit and wait and watch for Dave to get sick and then we endure it and then we watch him get better. Sounds simple right? I love how trials can make you remember what is most important and how to cherish the simple yet meaningful things in our lives. Life is precious and beautiful. Thank you again to everyone walking with us every footstep we take. We love you.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love you!!

emilyaaa said...

I thought about you guys non-stop yesterday. And today. So glad you got to see your kids. Glad you're settled in at your hotel. I love you for your optimism and faith and strength. You're the best thing Dave could have by his side right now. Tell Dave we love him and will pray for continued strength. You really will be on the other side of this sooner than you can imagine. Love you all!

Tara said...

Hope you survived yesterday! Try and pretend that you are on your honeymoon again! You will probably hate hotels after this! Thought about you all day yesterday and you are in our prayers continually! Please let us know if there is anything you or your mom needs with the kids! Best of luck!

Lynette said...

Caroline, I check your blog frequently. You have both been on my mind and in our families prayers since your post on jan 14th. You are one of the strongest, most incredible people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. :)
Love you!

Becky said...

I have been thinking of you guys. I haven't wanted to bother you but I want you to know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Becky

Kari said...

Thank you for the update. Our thoughts are with you both and your little ones. We love you all so much.

Vanessa Jane said...

Dave and I have been constantly thinking about you guys this weekend. We are here for you in anyway. It sounds like it's going to be a yucky few weeks for Dave--you have our faith and prayers every step of the way. We LOOOOOOVE You!!!:0)

Delia said...

Our prayers are with you. We love you!

Tracy Christopulos Harward said...

Caroline and Dave,

You are strong and amazing people -- you are an example to us all. Hang in there. Thank you for the updates. We miss you at work Caroline! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love you.

Melanie said...

I love you sweet sister. I am so sorry you have to go through this. You are being so strong and I am so amazed at your strength. Hang in there and let Dave know we are praying for him.