Dave has been tolerating the chemo pretty well. The nurses says that he will probably be the most sick over the weekend and the early part of next week. Even though Dave has not been sick he somehow has lost another 10 pounds=( Poor guy is doing his best to eat. Since Dave's white blood cell count isn't too low yet the doctor has given us permission to go home and visit the kids. We have gone home Sat, Sun, and Mon and spent the afternoon, eaten dinner, and i got to put the kids into bed. It's amazing how meaningful that becomes to you. A once mundane task that I often couldn't wait to get over with and relax has become the highlight of my day. To be able to scratch my kids backs, sing to them, and assure them that I love them even when apart has been priceless. Each hug and kiss feels so good. My sister Kimberly is there with them this week. My mom and Rod are at home recovering from a long weekend that is more than they are used to. My mom said they took over a 4 hour nap the minute they got home. She says she has a renewed appreciation for the work that young mothers do. Today is our longest day ahead of us. Dave will be getting his stem cells back. They will be given them through his port in his chest. He then will recieve platlet and red blood cell transfusions from donors as needed throughtout the week. We have loved reading the comments on the blog posts. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers we can feel the support.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I am so happy you've been able to see your kids, what a blessing! I'm so glad I got on your blog this morning...it's only 9am and I'm already exhausted from the day :) but you've renewed my mothering spirits! I look forward to bedtime tonight, and not for the normal reasons! I love you, I love you!! Wishing you and your family the best right now!
I am so glad that you have been able to see your kids! I know exactly what you mean about the bedtime routine. We have talked about this before, your heart is torn, you just want to be in both places. I only had a small dose of what you guys are dealing with. Good luck today. I will say an extra prayer :)
Yay for getting time with the cutes ones..Good luck with the stem cells today :) Let me know if you ever need someone to go to lunch with, I'm right there by the Huntsman! We love you guys -
I love that you were able to get to see the kiddos!! You are an amazing wife and mama Carrie. I loved what you said about the small things that we do for our kids that are sometimes hard, but when we are not able to do them...we want to do them. You have such perspective and I look up to you. Love you!! Tell Dave "Hi" from my Dave:0)
Hi! I wondered if you were able to come home and visit...I'm so glad you were! We're thinking about you guys and pray for you every day!!
thank you so much for this update! I check your blog about 25-30 times a day...and i'm so happy to hear that these past days haven't been too bad! we pray for you all the time. We pray for your kids. I'm so glad they've gotten to see you--especially brody. You guys are so loved and in such good hands. We'll pray that today goes as well as possible.
love you all!!
I will be giving my little ones an extra squeeze tonight and thinking of you when I tuck them in. We love you and are continually praying for you! Hope all goes well today :)
So grateful that you got to go back home and be together, that's so encouraging. So many blessings. Thinking of you always and sending all the faith we can muster your way. It's been returned with a great feeling of peace and a confirmation that you are being watched over and supported each step of the way. Heard Mosiah 24:14 in sacrament this week and thought of you again. Love you!
My sweet friend! My heart aches as I read about the trials you and your little family are going thru. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you! We love you and look forward to the time when health and peace are once again in your home. Miss you!
Delightra
Thank you for the update.We love you guys. You are always in our thoughts & prayers.
You guys are such troopers! I'm so glad things are going well. Know that I love you and think about you every day!
I am so glad you both got to spend some more quality time with the kids. I am resolving to appreciate routine and enjoy the moments! I hope all goes well with the next procedure..we will keep praying!
Thanks for the reminder Caroline. I'll get off the internet now and go enjoy putting my kids to bed. Hang in there.
So glad to hear that her survived the weekend. He probably won't even notice feeling sick after what has been through allready! You are in our prayers, glad the weekend was good.
Post a Comment