Dave lost his hair in patches this week. So he decided to "Bic" it. I think he looks good! The eyebrows and goatee are still hanging on.
....you know you had a rough night of sleep when you forget how many times you were awaken in the night by each of your kids: bad dreams, growing pains, potty breaks, needing a drink, or spurts of random crying (Brody). Amazingly I don't feel too tired, yet. Dave said that he had a couple requests for me to update the blog. So, sorry for being a slacker all week. Thanks to those who are faithfully following our progress.
....you know you had a rough night of sleep when you forget how many times you were awaken in the night by each of your kids: bad dreams, growing pains, potty breaks, needing a drink, or spurts of random crying (Brody). Amazingly I don't feel too tired, yet. Dave said that he had a couple requests for me to update the blog. So, sorry for being a slacker all week. Thanks to those who are faithfully following our progress.
We have had a great week as a family. It has been such a great thing to just enjoy being together. Dave sleeps in and takes naps during the day. He is getting a lot of rest. The doctor says he is not allowed to do any housework or go to work for 6 weeks. He helps me out by playing video games or watching TV with the kids. Brody likes to go over the the couch and pat the cushion where he wants Dave to sit. Then he goes over and climbs up on the couch next to him. Grant is getting a lot of extra help on his Lego Indiana Jones game and said that he can't believe they are beating so many levels. He loves playing alongside Dave. Dave has been teasing me that this is my dream come true. I love having him home, not sick, but it has been fun to just forget about life and be together.
There have been days or weeks of life where happiness has eluded me. Depressed and anxious feelings, I believe, are part of the human experience. It is in those difficult moments that we learn about ourselves or plead for closeness with our Heavenly Father. I have been thinking about how often have I wished the present moment away and thought I can't wait till.....We go on a trip, we get a new car, the kids are all in school, I loose my baby weight, the house is all organized, when everyone is healthy, and on and on. My lists of "I will be happy when" could be neverending. I have come to realize that happiness isn't bought, a certain size, or time of life. It is a choice, and a gift of the Spirit. And although my house is a mess, I am not my ideal size, our car isn't fancy and my husband is sick. I feel truly happy. I feel grateful for life, health, the gospel, friends, family, and the safety of our home. I am living in my own little paradise.
6 comments:
I'll bet your kids love having Dave home to play with! I'm so glad things are going well. Don't worry about your house not being clean or not being organized, there will be time to really worry about those things. Right now, focus on your family being together. Enjoy it and have fun!!! Love ya!
Caroline, you are amazing. Thank you for this post. I hope you know you are a great woman, and I will never forget your strengh and faith. Personally we've only met for a few hours and that was some 9 years ago, but my admiration and respect for you and Dave grew since last month. Our husbands really have so much in common it's kind of funny... Rafael and Thomas sit for hours playing Lego Indiana too. Don't stop posting. We love you.
Caroline-you are so inspiring! Thank you for reminding me that happiness is a choice...and that I can make that choice. I'm still pulling for all of you!
Well said Carrie. We pray for you daily. We are happy to hear that Dave is progressing well.
Don't feel obligated to update so much, we are praying for you and David regardless. Praying for you both to have the strength to get through this. One step at a time, day by day. Be sure to take care of yourself, too. and do something just for you. Yes, I agree you with others that you are pretty amazing, but know that there are days when your spirits will get down, too. That is normal. Remember Phillipians 4:13, God is there to help you and God is able during those times, when you are tired. Ephesians 3:2O.
You are my inspiration sweet sister!!
Post a Comment