CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 4, 2011

One week in......




The kids came to visit us today. We watched veggie tales, sang songs, and played hide-n-seek. Dave got Velcade chemo through his port yesterday. He is feeling tired but is still doing pretty well. No mouth sores yet not too much upset stomach. We are happy he is doing well. The nurses say that this upcoming Sunday through Thursday are typically the worst days of transplant and that by next Friday he should be feeling better again. The kids had a great week with their Aunt Kimmie. She cleaned our house top to bottom and even cleaned out my hidden junk areas. (I hope I am not the only one with hidden stuff under my bed). Anyway, she went home today and tears were shed we will miss her. Chris and Amy (Dave's brother and wife) are taking them this weekend. I am sure they will have a lot of fun. I feel so grateful for good friends and family. Also, I feel grateful for our doctor close by who was able to diagnose David quickly and know the best treatment for him. Dave and I have a hot date night tonight. A couple of schwans TV dinners and some serious games of PAC-MAN. Dave still beat me even on chemo. Hope you all have a great night.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well you can't go wrong with Schwann's dinners right? :) I'm glad things are going well. There's a lot of people praying for you two. You truly inspire me with your good attitude during this difficult time. Love ya!

Caroline Villa Martignoni Rebicki said...

You know you, if you run out of options of sitters close by you could always fly the kids to Brazil and our kids could play together! I'd gladly take care of them for as long as you want! hahaha! let me know, ok! Love, Rebicki's

Tara said...

I didn't think you still did secret stash spots!!!!! I remember a few places in your past! Miss you!!! Can I do anything? Movies, Wii, food? I can be there. Please let me know. Glad the date was fun. What a blessing that he is feeling well!!!!! Lots of prayers!