CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Third times a charm!

Well after an all day affair at the hospital (and watching 5 episodes of Law and Order SVU) Dave is 2 bags of blood and one bag of platelets heavier and happier. They found a more specific match to Dave's antibodies and found a platelets that fit him better. They doped him up with anti-rejection meds and infused him slowley but surely. We felt happy that it all came together without a single negative reaction. We did start the day of with some negative intestinal symptoms that for Dave's self respect will go unnamed. But all in all we have made it one day closer to going home. Hurray! Chicken Pot Pies for dinner and no kids today=( But considering that we have seen them every other day we have been gone I'll try not to complain. We talked to them on the phone tonight and they seem to be having a great time with Grandma. Only 3 more days to go and then we get to go home, hopefully.....

3 comments:

Pam said...

Yeah! Glad it worked this time.

Tara said...

WOOHOO!!!!! Count down! What can I do when you come home? I fell helpless. I am so glad that he is doing well. Sure love you girl. Tara

Unknown said...

In our house, that moment that Dave doesn't want to talk about has a phrase: "First rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club!"