CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

We went in for our check-up at the hospital. Dave got another dose of chemo Velcade. He also got an IV antibiotic to help prevent infection. They found in his blood results that his platelets were too low. He received a platelet transfusion. Five hours after being at the hospital we returned to the hotel. Dave had an allergic reaction to the platelets and started getting hives. We contacted the on- call doctor who said to watch him closely and give him Benadryl. The hives went away and he has felt okay so I think we are okay. Good news to report other than that. Dave was told that if he didn't get mouth sores by today that he is probably in the clear. We are feeling exited about that. We also are feeling great that Dave has been able to eat and isn't feeling sick, just tired. The kids came to our hotel tonight with Dave's brother Chris and Amy. We watched the super bowl. It was fun to see them. Ally and I made a felt donut that she has been wanting to learn how to sew and Grant picked out felt for a cupcake he wanted me to make for him. Brody kept us laughing with his dancing and his learning to wink. He is so cute. We love the time we are getting to see the kids. Thanks for the prayers and fasting. We truly have felt the support.

3 comments:

Tracy Christopulos Harward said...

Oh Caroline I miss you at work. I am glad to hear that things are progressing with Dave and that he may be through the worse part of it soon. I am happy that you guys have been able to see your children and spend time with them. I loved how you talked about the Savior and the peace that you feel, even during the tough times. I know that feeling you are talking about and all I can say is we are so lucky to have the blessings and comfort that come from the gospel! You are in my thoughts and prayers you two.

rwatts2 said...

I'm so glad you got to see you kiddos!! Dave sounds like he's hanging in there.. through the up's and down's. I know you are worried, but it's good to hear you are both feeling comforted.

Pam said...

Been following his updates on facebook for a month or two, I found it by entering Castleman's as I had a biopsy come back with possibility of such last fall. I happened to notice he was friends with someone I knew then Melanie told me today that you were actually sisters and told me about your blog. I have been praying for both David and you, your family for about 2 months now. My heart goes out to you both, I can see your strength, too and I am glad you are blogging. I am sure it is therapeutic to write the whole experience down. It also updates those of who care, even though we have never met you or your family. I set up a blog once, but didn't really know how to use it-- sort of clueless. When I tried to use it to comment here it comes up as my blog name, that is as far as I ever got. My name is Pam Camacho.